As one of Canada's most populous cities, Vancouver offers visitors and tourists a unique and exciting experience. There are many attractions and activities that will please even the most discerning of tastes. Be sure to include some of these activities in your itinerary for a trip you won't soon forget.
· Stanley Park: An oasis in the middle of the city; over 1000 acres of lush forests, beaches, lakes, hiking trails, gardens and more. Stanley Park is also home to the Vancouver Aquarium, another must-see attraction.
· Fraser Canyon: Ride the Air Tram over the Fraser River, or take the suspension bridge; explore the seven mountain tunnels, or just take in the amazingly beautiful view. This is definitely not something to be missed.
· Science World: Explore and experiment the world of science; fun for the whole family. You will learn all about things as large as outer space, to things as small as molecules in your body.
· Whale Watching: Take a guided tour and watch these majestic animals in their natural habitat. Many tour companies offer free pick-up from your hotel.
· Gastown: Named after Vancouver's first settler, "Gassy Jack." Stroll down the cobbled streets as you browse art, souvenirs, and antiques from over 150 vendors. Take in the quaint Victorian architecture and courtyards. Visit the micro-brewery and enjoy a beer.
· Classical Chinese Garden: These can be viewed in any kind of weather, all year round. Have a complimentary cup of Chinese tea, as you view the majestic design of the gardens and grounds.
· Burnaby Village Museum and Carousel: You will feel as though you've stepped back in time as you are greeted with period-costumed townsfolk. Visit the general store, or the blacksmith's shop.
· Robson Street: A popular film location shoot, this is European-style street is teeming with sidewalk cafes, coffee shops, bookstores, restaurants and more. It's also a great place to people watch as you sit and have a cup of your favourite coffee.
Vancouver has so much to offer it can be difficult to decide what to do first. Talk to your travel agent and see if any of the above attractions can be included in an all-inclusive package. You'll want to see as many things as you possibly can. Do some online research to see if any of the attractions have discount coupons you can purchase beforehand; a word of caution though - make sure when you buy online, you are buying from a reputable company. You don't want to find out later that you've been scammed.
For more information, read these articles on Vancouver travel deals [